All participants in programs organized by Edgemont Travel Basketball Inc. are required to a) adhere to the Code of Conduct, shown below; and b) review and sign the Acknowledgment and Waiver, accessible here.
1. I will not berate the officials or “trash talk” my opponent. Respectful celebrations of a nice play are encouraged, but may not cross the line into taunting.
2. I will support my teammates whether they are starters or reserves, returning players or new players. I will encourage my teammates when they are having an off-day.
3. I will be silent while my opponent shoots free throws.
4. I will not use profanity or offensive language.
5. I will not engage in unnecessary and/or excessive physical contact with my opponents.
6. I will encourage good sportsmanship and demonstrate positive support and respect for all players, coaches, parents, fans, volunteers working at the scorer’s table, and officials at every game regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, or physical ability.
7. I will exercise self-control and place the emotional and physical well-being of my teammates and opponents ahead of my personal desire to win.
8. I will remember that some children did not make Edgemont travel teams and that participating in the program is a privilege.
9. I will remain mindful that my conduct, including my body language, influences the respect that other athletes, coaches, parents and the public hold for the Edgemont community and its athletic programs.
10. I will accept my coach’s tactical decisions (player positioning, playing time, etc.) without complaint or debate, and express any concerns through proper channels in a dignified manner. I will follow my coach’s strategic instructions rather than those of any spectators (parents or otherwise).
11. I will be modest when successful and gracious in defeat.
PENALTY: Players and coaches in violation of the Code of Conduct may be temporarily or permanently banned from Edgemont youth basketball events.
PARENTS AND FANS
1. I will demonstrate positive support for all players, coaches, contest administrators and officials at every game and encourage other spectators to participate in the spirit of good sportsmanship.
2. I will place the emotional and physical well-being of the athletes ahead of my personal desire to win.
3. I will learn the rules of the game in order to be a more informed spectator.
4. I will remember that the game is for the kids, not the adults. I will let the coaches coach, and will not contact players once they step on the court as doing so would distract and confuse the players, undermine the coach, and deprive the children of learning opportunities in the moment.
5. I will be supportive after the game – win or lose – by recognizing good effort, teamwork and sportsmanship.
6. I will remain mindful that my conduct influences the respect that other athletes, coaches, parents and the public hold for the Edgemont community and athletics.
7. I will treat players, coaches, volunteers, officials and other parents and fans with respect regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, or ability.
8. I will not berate the officials.
9. I will cheer politely and not in an objectionable or over-the-top manner.
10. I will be silent while players shoot free throws.
11. I will not use profanity or offensive language.
12. I understand that, with a roster of 10-12 players, my child may not enjoy as much playing time as I hope. I will accept the coach’s tactical decisions (playing time, player positioning, etc.) without public complaint or debate and express any concerns through proper channels in a dignified and adult manner only when youth players are not present and only after allowing for a “cool down” period (of 24 hours or more).
PENALTY: Parents and fans in violation of the above Code of Conduct may be temporarily or permanently banned from Edgemont youth basketball events.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT !!